Cleaning up after loss of spouse

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by FoundaGoodThing2002, Apr 17, 2019.

1. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

cg123 and Sara. I think your comments are correct. The things left behind hopefully find new purpose in the service of those in need. That is I feel exactly as Kay would see it and want. I have recently had a medical condition that required a hematologist/oncologist. A blood disorder that is serious and likely a virus-induced immune issue. So not life-threatening. The doctor was known to me from my wife's cancer battle. This doctor provided a second opinion with Chemo and Kay's treatment. Dr. Ahmed was so good with Kay and perhaps earlier would have been her primary caretaker, professionally. She remembered Kay and we spoke about grief. Dr. Ahmed lost both her parents to cancer. This loss influenced her career choice. As we spoke was the understanding. On some level is the bond that only grieving people know and share. I have total confidence in this Doctor.

The things are a time-consuming process. What to keep and what is the best new purpose for those things. In the sorting and deciding is being with our person's choices and in effect with them. Learning them by what they chose and what was considered important. Their point of view, humor, sense of what is beautiful. So much who they are. For me just how special and thoughtful Kay always had been and still is.

cg123 likes this.
  2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

Sending good thoughts are your recent health issue and hope it will be resolved quickly.

3. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

4. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

cg123 thanks for the well wish concern. You know how it goes. Go on the internet and read about a medical condition. That can scare the piss out of anybody. So many very scary possibilities. It's good to get educated. Its good to be prepared. But operating without the sound actual facts is a worry. Deal with the real and whatever is actually needed. Again Thanks for your good wishes.

cg123 likes this.