*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Christmas time hurts

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Balvey34, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Balvey34

Balvey34 New Member

Its Christmas time and my nana isnt here she died 4 months ago and it's my first Christmas without her I'm not sure how to cope with this it's been so hard because she was basically my mother the taught me everything I know how do I make it without her

Attached Files:

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

The holidays are very hard to deal with especially the first one without a loved one. I know exactly how you are feeling. About 7 mos ago my sister who was also my best friend passed away and this is the first holiday I will spend without her. I wish there was an easy answer on how to make it without your nana but there isn't. For me, I try to remember the good times we shared and I stay off the tv which always shows people celebrating. I also do not go to the malls because it is difficult for me to see people anticipating Christmas when I know I will not. It does not get easier but eventually you will move on but will always hold that special place in your heart for her. Wishing you the best.

Balvey34 likes this.
  3. Balvey34

Balvey34 New Member

I dont really want to celibate holidays this year the more holiday stuff the more I'm triggered I feel like every one who I see with the grandmas especially kids misbehaving I wanna scream at them and tell them how much they will miss them my family isnt even really celebrating Christmas this year

4. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I understand your desire not to celebrate holidays this year - you are not alone in feeling this way. Try to keep yourself busy and stay off of television and avoid going to malls during this time.

Balvey34 likes this.
  5. Balvey34

Balvey34 New Member

TV is a huge trigger for me even without the holidays I have PTSD from he dying in my arms she was my everything it's been a little over 4 months and I still breakdown and scream and cry