*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Christmas is a chore

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by HitoriChan13, Dec 27, 2020.

1. HitoriChan13

HitoriChan13 New Member

This year Christmas has felt more like a chore than anything since ita the first one without my mom. My dad came over for an hour Christmas day which was fine. I enjoyed just being with my boyfriend and my daughter. My nephew came over boxing day and we had such a great time. Now I'm home alone and I just want to tear down all the Christmas stuff nd put it away. It honestly doesn't even feel like it happened. It's not Christmas without her. She was the Christmas spirit for me, my dad and my nephew. I look at her Christmas tree every single day in my apartment but it feels so wrong.

2. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Hello HitoriChan13... why christmas only .. life is no life without our beloved ones. I lost my dad 7 months bck. I never thought i can live for 7 minutes without him but here I am ... If i can survive you can too... you will too... it will tk some time for sure but eventually christmas will get bck few of it's lost colors.
    Love Appy.