*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Caregiver to Mom for 31 yrs

Discussion in 'Life After Caregiving' started by BEAM1, May 11, 2021.

1. BEAM1

BEAM1 New Member

Hi, y'all! Yes, I'm from the South. I lost my mom in Dec. 2019. I was her caregiver for 31 yrs., some of that while I was working a f/t job. Now, it's like; she's gone, now what do I do? It's a huge adjustment.

KateIsNotOkay likes this.
  2. bcarter

bcarter New Member

It is a huge adjustment. you feel like you are numb then you realize you spent all your free time caring for your loved one and now you don't know what to do with yourself

3. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

God Bless You, what a Blessing you were for your Dear Mother, lifting you in prayer.
    I was caregiver for my husband 24 years of PD, totally took care of him his last nine years, it was like living two lives, would do it all again if need be for him in a heartbeat. It will be five years in November. I know he is in Heaven, I am also in the South, after being caregiver many years am still finding it difficult in acquiring friends and adjusting to my now life, been here in SC four years feel like am in a maize when I get out. God will oversee our direction and I know there is things HE has ahead of us to accomplish. Blessings.

4. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

I have tried to have a voice in the Parkinson's Community. I spread the word for awareness ut also feel that awareness is just not enough. Donations for research are the next step after awareness and I advocate for it the best way I can. It has been 4.5 year and I miss hm as much today and back then. Maybe more. He was/he still ...is such a big part of my life. I a who I am because of who he was. Blessing to all who have lost the love of your life.

KateIsNotOkay and Patti 61 like this.