*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Cancer child

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by ktcampleblanc, Dec 21, 2019.

1. ktcampleblanc

ktcampleblanc New Member

I don’t know if this is allowed but I have not lost my parents as of yet. My mother is in the beginning stage of end of life care for stage 4 brain cancer. She was diagnosed in 2017, and her expectancy was 12-18 months, which she has already surpassed.
    I feel numb most days thinking about everything she will miss in my life, like my wedding, my children, making her a grandma, buying a house, etc.
    I feel so lost even though she’s still here( but she’s also not my mom anymore. I feel like I won’t be able to recover from this, even though I have my dad, sister and amazing fiancé.
    I feel so cheated and angry, because out of everyone I know, why does it have to happen to me?

2. riverinohio

riverinohio Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. You have anticipatory grief, when there is an impending loss. I felt that too because my dad was sick and I never knew when the time would come. Enjoy the time you have with her and rely on your loved ones during this tough time. Be your support system. Grief will kick your butt and it will take you to the dark side for sure. Know that you are not alone and that there are others out there that have lost. Come to this site and talk to someone when you can. Hang in there.

3. Booksta

Booksta New Member

Peace and love be with you. I know you feel powerless now, but the most important thing you can do now is to tell your mother you love her. Of course it will be music to her ears, but it will help you get through those dark times in the future when grief wants to punch you in the gut.