*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Campfire

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Almso70, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

Just sitting outside by my campfire listening the pop and crackles of the wood the smell nothing like it just the heat coming of of the flame and hot coals my brother used to say look at the flames they have a life of their own they are living and breathing so true the flames dance and take on their own being me myself he always said i was a reclusive i just like hearing water runnimg off the mountain tops ceing the Wildlife so true my brother eas so just down to earth i just wish i had one more day

JMD likes this.
  2. Pinkydo

Pinkydo New Member

I understand your love of the campfire. I lost my husband 6 months ago. He loved to camp, and loved the campfire. As I sat at my sister's house a few weeks ago around a campfire, I thought of the many times I had sat around the fire with him. Just watching the flames dance and flicker. He loved his camper, and always wanted a new one and a big diesel truck to pull it with. He finally got it about a year before he passed. He loved it, and took us to Florida faithfully every winter in it. He had such a good time. Now I have sold the camper and truck, as I cannot pull it, never tried. A 40 foot camper is pretty big. I still have the rock lined fire pit he made in the back yard to have my own fire in. Maybe I should go out and do that now, the weather is cool. Thank you for listening as I remenice. I really miss him, and as time goes by it just gets worse, not better. Maybe it will be different for you.

JMD likes this.