*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

brokenhearted

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by annie123, Feb 10, 2021.

1. annie123

annie123 New Member

In October 2020, I lost my husband of 43 years. I am so lost without him. I miss him so much.
    It is so hard to find joy in anything without him. I don;t like life without him. I am trying to keep busy
    and I pray for strength to get thru this.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Annie, I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband. It is so painful and life changing. Staying busy but not pushing yourself too much is helpful. And I know it’s very cold right now but try to get fresh air. I’m in NY and I’m trying to get out and breath fresh air too. I lost my husband suddenly, married 41 yrs. I never lived alone before he passed. It’s been 2 years, I can’t even remember the first 3-4 months. It’s a blur. But eventually memories won’t make you cry they’ll bring a smile, as will his favorite songs, and food and places you enjoyed together. But it’s a bumpy road to get there. I hope you have people in your life offering support. Talk about him and write about him. On this site and just in general. I talk to Ron and have written letters to him, it does help. You’re not alone, there’s a while community of caring people here that understand and feel your pain.
    God Bless, ❤️ Robin

3. Kelltess

Kelltess New Member

Hello Annie I relate to your loss I lost my husband of 51 years together

4. Songman

Songman Well-Known Member

I pray for all of you good people every day. Please keep reaching out to the members of this forum. Robin (RLC) has been a lifeline for me ever since the love of my life (Janet) passed in October of 2019. She has been my Angel. People on here care, and understand.
    Bill

RLC likes this.
  5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words Bill. You’ve been great support to me as well. There’s such good and cari g people on here. Definitely come here often and read and share stories.

6. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Annie, so sorry for your loss. You're not alone. I was married for almost 30 years and we dated for 7+. Grief is like a boomerang, just when you think it's away from you it comes back and hits you in the head. At least that's what's been happening to me. Our lives have been altered forever, whether it's sudden or after a long illness all of us here wake up each day looking for our person.

I wish everyone strength and peace.

7. Bkarizona66

Bkarizona66 Member

Annie,

I totally relate as I lost my beloved wife in October also. I feel so alone. My thoughts constantly turn to "I just want her back".
    It was just me and her. I am just so lost without her. She passed away after 8 years with Alzheimer's which took so much from her and our life together.
    I took care of her I am glad she is not suffering from it anymore, but I am so lost without her. I don't know who I am.
    I try to stay busy and I am still working from home, but just don't care about my job.

I wish you strength through this time of longing.

glego likes this.
  8. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

It's very saddening for your loss. I lost my husband in Nov to Sarcoma cancer and I feel the same as you do at this present time. "I want him back". A hard time for me is opening up the pantry and refrigerator. We both had different tastes in foods. I can hardly look at all the supplements, organic foods he bought in hopes to stay alive and heal the awful cancer. He tried so hard to get better. I can't seem to bring myself to throw anything away.

All I can say is keep on the forum and keep sharing anything you feel like sharing. Typing on the forum, to me, is like writing in a journal, it seems comforting.

Keep Upright,
    Karen

glego likes this.
  9. Nhalina1313

Nhalina1313 New Member

I don’t know if I belong on this forum. I was with my fiancé for 20 years and this past year has taken so much from us. 2 rounds of failed IVF, covid, desmoid tumor surgery, buying a house and now he up and left me. He decided that he no longer wants this life and became a different person. I feel like my whole life has been ripped out under me. And I keep hearing those words that everyone says to get through this but it’s unbearably hard. I try to just make it through each breath.

10. cjpines

Possibly with what he has gone through with his health he saw things differently. I'm so sorry. It's like a death to you. Keep reading the forum and keep sharing. I'm in month three after losing my husband with cancer. I have found this forum very helpful just knowing there are people all in the same boat.

11. cjpines

Hhalina1313, Time moves us on. Time heals and lessons the pain. It seems to be a natural process we've been given as humans. So, hang in there as we all are doing.
    I was thinking your fiancé may of made the decision to leave to spare you his health issues.

12. Arleenmc

Arleenmc New Member

This is probably not the way this forum was intended, but I know exactly how you feel Annie. I am so sorry for your loss. I feel the exact same, I miss my husband so much, I hate life without him, trying to keep busy, but most of the time I don’t feel like it. I lost my husband of 32 years suddenly June 26, 2020. I don’t like life without my husband, I don’t want him to be gone. I don’t know how I will ever get over this.