*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Best friend

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Red Whelp, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Red Whelp

Red Whelp New Member

I lost my best friend of 15 years suddenly and unexpectedly. I still can’t believe I’ll never be able to talk to her on the phone again.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. There are some friends that are more like family and the role they play in our lives can be even more meaningful. It can be hard to find people to understand how impactful the loss of a friend can be. I'm glad you've come for support and hope you can find it here. Please take care~

Red Whelp likes this.
  3. Lerise Woody

Lerise Woody Member

Sorry for your loss, I loss my son’s Father almost 2 months ago ❤️

4. Red Whelp

Red Whelp New Member

I’m sorry to hear that. Peace and love be with you.

5. Lerise Woody

Lerise Woody Member

Thank you ❤️

6. Kendell

Kendell New Member

I lost my best friend--one of the three most important people in my life next to my mom and my significant other--on Dec. 20th, 2019. I thougth I was doing okay until four days when I packed up the final paperwork from the estate he had me as executor of, paid off the estate lawyer, and closed the tabs on the health insurance claims.
    Despair beyond anything I have experienced before or could have anticipated has crushed me. The finality. The end. There is nothing left to do with his life but feel how gone he is. I talked to him everyday for 17 years, and even though we hadn't seen each other in the last 13, I have never felt closer to someone. We would have a constant conversation with what's going on now, every aspect of it: what we read, what we saw, what people are saying...etc.etc. I went to David for everything, even things i should have shared with my boyfriend, my mom.
    Now there's none of that. Nothing left. Just me isolated out here in the country without boyfriend out working on the road.
    I can't write much more. I've been sobbing for days, lost in this. It feels like it will never end. It feels like forever this state.