*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

belongings

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by ainie, Jan 14, 2020.

1. bel

bel Member

I get the same way when sorting through belongings. Some days I feel okay and other days I do 10 minutes and It is so depressing I have to have a break from it.

2. Bogman

Bogman Well-Known Member

"surf this ocean of grief " I like that !! It is difficult not having our someone to share the daily events with but keep on finding reasons to laugh out loud !! Dan

glego and ainie like this.
  3. christine 36

christine 36 Active Member

Hi Robin
    It’s Christine are you still on here, please let me know
    Xxxxx

4. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

It's been 4 months now since I lost my wife. I just thought last week that I was ready to gather her clothes for Goodwill and trash. I opened 1 drawer, picked up a shirt, remembered her wearing it, and broke down and cried. My daughters said they would do it for me but haven't yet. It's an overwhelming job. No need to rush yourself. I know I won't try again for a while.

Countess Joy and glego like this.
  5. christine 36

6. christine 36

Hi Barry
    So sorry for your loss, It’s only been 4months since you lost your wife, that is so soon for you to think about giving her cloths away, My husband past away 2 yrs ago and I haven’t gotten rid of anything if his, Iknow we are all different in how we grieve but I am not surprised you broke down when seeing her cloths in the drawer, Please give yourself some time to grieve her loss it’s such a life changer when we lose our partner and best friend, take care Barry
    With understanding
    Christine

Barry, Bogman and glego like this.
  7. daisyinthesun

daisyinthesun Member

eveyday i move something. One little thing a day.

8. AmyG

AmyG Member

My husband passed on 11/21, his water cup is still on his nightstand, slippers where he last left them, pj pants on the floor <because he could never put laundry in the basket lol> jackets hung up. I can't bring myself to move them. I told myself tonight, I have to realize he is not coming back. I need to do something with his belongings. I plan to keep certain clothing. I finally removed his loofah from shower and toothbrush from sink, they just started to make me mad to see.