*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Appreciating beauty again

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by edj9, Jul 19, 2020.

1. edj9

edj9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

From a bench down the road from where I live.

This is the first photo of scenery I’ve felt like sharing since Chuck died. For a while, I couldn’t. I would have to avert my eyes from a sunset or a view like this. It was just too painful to think that I couldn’t share it with him.

It still hurts, but I can compartmentalize it now.

Kata and Liley773 like this.
  2. edj9

edj9 Well-Known Member

E0FF4A2E-D4E0-42F0-947F-8BED23AB8905.jpeg

Yeah, let’s try that again.

Sweetcole and Liley773 like this.
  3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

That is beautiful! And I understand your feeling. I didn’t even take any pictures of anything for a very long time. So, yes I get it.
    One step at a time.

edj9 likes this.
  4. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I get it too. I still can't watch tv shows we used to watch and laugh together at. One day, one step at a time.

5. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

That's all we have. One day, one step.

edj9 likes this.
  6. Jeffsjohnson

Jeffsjohnson Active Member

Here is a related thing that happened to me. I was organizing photos on my computer -- so many good memories - and then hit about a dozen from the last two weeks of her life, when she was literally on death's door. I couldn't look at them. Seeing them just picked at the wound. So I asked a friend to put them in a new folder called "dont look at these until youre ready." So now I can look freely at the wonderful life we had, and focus on that, and just avoid the new folder. Much better for my heart.

Kata and Liley773 like this.
  7. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

That's a wonderful idea. Thank you.

8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

That was such a great idea. You can now look at the happy memories without worrying you’ll see the terribly difficult ones. And it’s things like that we need to do to try and move forward. I still have trouble looking at the pictures of our wonderful life. Some days I can some days I can’t look at them at all. We make our own boundaries and take each day as it comes. I believe it’s things like this that people who haven’t lost someone just don’t even think of. How could they, we didn’t know the impact until it happened.

Kata likes this.