*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Anniversary

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by jjbteach, Jul 23, 2019.

1. jjbteach

jjbteach New Member

Sleep just won't come. Too many things swirling in my head. Today (actually yesterday, I guess ) was the anniversary of losing my momma. Even though it was 4 years ago, the pain of losing her is still so strong. I still pick up my phone to call her when something happens I want to share with her or I'm having a bad day and just need to hear her tell me it's going to be ok....then sting of reality hits.
    I've had people (including family members) tell me it's been long enough....time to get over it. Those are harsh words when your grief is still so strong and real. So today I kept myself locked away...alone...to grieve without judgement. I miss her so much.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the lack of understanding you've faced. We only get one mom and yet people still seem to struggle to understand how impactful that can be in our lives. It's important that you take the time that you need and to do what feels right for you. Getting some support from people who understand can help. I'm glad you've found us and hope we can be a help to you.
    Also worth noting, if you're looking to connect more with people here, it's always a good idea to comment on an existing thread - it will alert everyone who has already commented. I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any questions about the site or anything else. Please take care~