*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Alone

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kris with a K, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Joey D.

Joey D. Member

See you are mourning the recent loss of a close friend. My sympathies and hopes you are finding more peace now

2. Chadb202

Chadb202 Member

Wow. Not trying to be calous.
    I can't get that loop out my head.
    The sheriff saying "I found your wife deceased in her car".
    Most devastating words of my life.

3. Pinkydo

Pinkydo New Member

vulnerable-a word I hadn't thought of before, but that is a good word for how I feel sometimes. I thought the aloneness was the bad thing, but vulnerable is a scary place to be in for me. I have always been a very strong person, and now it is strange to feel this way sometimes. I miss him so much I don't know what to do. I really need someone to talk to that understands. I found my husband passed away in our bed one morning, and it was a suprise. I knew he was very sick with his liver cancer, but didn't expect him to go yet. I miss him so much. He was the love of my life.

Cyanotype likes this.
  4. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

5. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

Try and feel your feelings as much as possible

6. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

This sounds so familiar. I lost my husband 7 weeks ago. He wasn’t expected to die, he had a severe reaction to one of his lung cancer medications. I too, have always considered myself to be a strong person, could handle anything. Not this. His absence has made me feel afraid of everything. The only place I feel safe is in the apartment we stayed in while he was in treatment. So I stay there most nights. He had a way of doing things for me without me even realizing it. I miss him everyday. Posting my feelings here where others are going through the same things has helped.

Cyanotype likes this.