*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Alone

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kris with a K, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Kris with a K

Kris with a K Member

Feeling alone and sad. I miss my “babe”. I look in his chair hoping he will be sitting there , but he’s not and my new reality sets in. It’s this everyday thing that’s so hard to figure out. I’ve never felt so alone.

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I understand how you feel. It is so hard when you lose a loved one - all the emotions that go with it such as sadness, loneliness are very difficult to deal with not to mention the reality of your new life and dealing with the pandemic at the same time which further escalates those feelings of being alone. I try to keep busy as much as I can and remember all the good times. This is a good place to share your feelings with others in the same situation so you know you are not alone in this journey. I wish you well.

3. susananne

susananne Member

I wish you well also , i understand the aloneness and the grief, as i said in your other thread my husband passed away suddenly and unexpectedly just over 8 weeks ago. Having the police come to my door to give me this news was the most horrific experience of my life, one i would not wish on anyone . and many days i feel that big empty vacumm , emptiness,. its especially hard during covid, and also in the summer when you see others going out with their families having fun and you think "THIS SHOULD BE US!" broken hearted! its a club none of us want to belong to and NO ONE ELSE can really understand , unless/until it happens to them . There are just no words, know that you are not alone, that is a small comfort to me as well, knowing others in this situation understand -they are the only ones who really do

4. susananne

susananne Member

I wish you well also , i understand the aloneness and the grief, as i said in your other thread my husband passed away suddenly and unexpectedly just over 8 weeks ago. Having the police come to my door to give me this news was the most horrific experience of my life, one i would not wish on anyone . and many days i feel that big empty vacumm , emptiness,. its especially hard during covid, and also in the summer when you see others going out with their families having fun and you think "THIS SHOULD BE US!" broken hearted! its a club none of us want to belong to and NO ONE ELSE can really understand , unless/until it happens to them . There are just no words, know that you are not alone, that is a small comfort to me as well, knowing others in this situation understand -they are the only ones who really do

5. Kris with a K

Kris with a K Member

6. Kris with a K

Kris with a K Member

The story was .... and they lived happily ever after. But.... that wasn’t to happen.
    We were so happy, married 38 years and in love - kids all doing well - both just retired, we downsized- after all the years of raising the kids, it was our time . But... life happened, he had a pulmonary embolism and was gone.
    So unfair! He worked so hard for our family, just retired from a stressful job and he’s gone. I/we miss him.
    I try to keep busy, but- that’s hard with the pandemic.

Thank you all for being there for me. Means more than you will ever know.

cg123 likes this.
  7. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

8. Cyanotype

Its true. The most understanding people are the ones who have been through this. I am so vulnerable now and easily hurt.

9. Kris with a K

Kris with a K Member

It is very comforting to know that you understand this empty/lonely feeling. Thanks for sharing.

10. Cyanotype

Yes I understand

11. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

So many of us have this story - the hope of retirement, plans for the future. I feel so upset and angry sometimes at how hard my husband worked without getting to enjoy his retirement. I feel like the best way to honor him is to try to see the plans through. One minute or one hour or one day at a time.

Kris with a K likes this.
  12. Cyanotype

13. Cyanotype

So sorry

Kris with a K likes this.
  14. Joey D.

Joey D. Member

I am retired now but never expected to deal with it with the loss of my wife, who passed on suddenly last Friday. It's very hard as I know it is or was for all of you.

Have spoken with counselors and have a therapist who all assure me the pain, but not the memories, will subside slowly over time as time heals everything. I believe it but right now I know she's not gone but in a different place watching over me. We were married over 43 years and felt as if we were still kids.

15. Cyanotype

16. Cyanotype

Its good that you feel her looking over you. My therapist told me the same thing about the pain will lessen. Its good to be with other people who can support you

17. Joey D.

Joey D. Member

Hi,. Yes it is. Are you still on line?

18. Cyanotype

19. Cyanotype

20. Joey D.

Joey D. Member

Wanna talk for a few minutes?