*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Alone and devastated

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by HayleyC121, Oct 14, 2020.

1. HayleyC121

HayleyC121 New Member

I lost my uncle on October 1st. This was 2 days before my dad (his brothers) birthday, a day before my aunts (his sisters) birthday, 3 days before my cousin (his sons) birthday, and a few days before his anniversary. I wish I could make this up. Now everyone needs me more than ever, and I feel as though I can't go to them because they might feel worse. I'm an empath through and through, so seeing there sadness makes this a lot harder as well.
    ... He left in the middle of the night to go to the hospital, didn't tell anyone, and died there due to a massive heart attack. We went to his house for every holiday, and I was over his house every weekend with the rest of my family almost my entire life. He always told me I was his favorite niece and how much he loved me and was proud of me. He was just a really amazing person always made everyone laugh. Well, I'm alone for the first time since because my boyfriend had to go to work and I'm just overwhelmed. It doesn't make it much easier when a year ago I lost my pawpaw and about 6 months ago I lost my mawmaw. I keep losing people who were so close to me, and I just feel broken. So, I guess I just needed to share my story, and how I'm feeling. If anyone has any advice to make things easier that would be great.

2. JVS

JVS New Member

Our feelings of being all alone can sometimes overwhelm us. Try to remember those happy times when you, his favorite niece, got to hear the “I love you’s”. It will hurt but will also bring comfort. Hugs to you!

HayleyC121 likes this.