*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

After 13 months still nothing

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Ray G., May 9, 2020.

1. Ray G.

Ray G. Well-Known Member

Yup no1 on family has asked,
    "Would you like to talk?"
    Maybe I should have stayed in
    the big F yeah Florida cuz I
    sort of feel I got screwed going
    back to new england. Kind of like
    dying all over again.
    All of family so big on
    Catholicism, not much room for
    anything else.

2. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Ray,

Hi! I lived in Florida for 11 years. I loved a lot about it, so did Nadine my wife.

I am from Maine and will not hide the fact I am a Roman Catholic. However, that is where it stops. What I mean by that, I have seen life across the world, and the plight of so many people. We all have our own beliefs, and are entitled to whatever they may be. My life doesn't depend on someone agreeing with me, I am more level headed a person who doesn't need that validation.

Ray, when I was a child, sure I obeyed my parents. When I learned to walk on my own two feet, I made my own choices and would let no others take my opinions away. That includes family. I will never try to stop them from being who they are. Life is tough enough.

I do agree, if family won't let you live your life, then it is time to be somewhere else. I hope things will be better for you Ray wherever you end up.

-david

This song is for you

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Hi Ray,
    We haven’t been in touch for a while. Sounds like your family hasn’t changed, I’m so sorry. In fact they sound like they’re making you feel worse. Support tends to leave us before we’re ready but I’m thinking you never had family support, that’s so sad. I’m hoping you have friends who are available for you. Keep reaching out here.
    I have some difficult dates approaching and this stay at home order doesn’t help. This Sunday is 18 months since I lost the love of my life, 5/26 is the date we met 46 years ago on the corner we bought our house on and 6/4 is our wedding anniversary, would be 43 years. Miss him terribly.
    Hope you’re still riding your motorcycle to get away from things and enjoy fresh air.hows your business doing?
    Robin

TJones likes this.
  4. Ray G.

Ray G. Well-Known Member

Dear Robin,
    Thank you so much.
    I feel very mixt up and T G. I
    have a councelor to talk to.
    And you and others here.
    I ? myself now as to whether I
    should have expected support.
    Father is way into religion but I think it is to be controlling.
    In the guise of God. Kind of oily
    or calculating. Mixt messages.
    I think he got everyone brain
    washed to go his way. I am not
    going to be his effing puppet.
    Virus has really changed things too. Thanks so much 4 getting
    back to me.
    U can email me if u' d like 2
    bikerguygarafano@gmail.com
    Thanks again Robin.
    Ray G.