*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

A loss of my mother

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Leslie Maltese, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Leslie Maltese

Leslie Maltese New Member

June 1 st. I lost my mom to lung cancer. I was her care giver and her support. And things did not go as plan. She died. She is my best friend my first friend and I am lost without her

2. Marcel

Marcel New Member

Leslie, I am truly sorry for your loss... I lost my mom 2 years in July, seems like yesterday and a thousand years ago at the same time. I miss her so terribly sometimes, we were very close like you and your mom so I think I may get, maybe a little bit, how you feel.
    I can honestly say I thought I would never be the same, and I was right. Everything changed, my life was completely turned around. Now, 2 plus years later I have healed some. I can talk about her and smile now. I do still struggle with certain things like going to Boscovs, her favorite store, lol.
    I guess what I'm saying is, there will be good days and bad, happy memories that make you sad and sad memories that make you smile.
    So, Lets thank God for sites like this. I just found it today, I was having a rough day and after reading reading some of the stories I feel like I found a place that might help me along when I have days like today..
    I think its a good thing that you reached out and wish I had done it sooner.
    Peace and Blessing will be my thoughts for you.
    Marcel

3. Deejay

Deejay New Member

I know exactly how you feel, I lost my mother in August 22 of this year. She was my grandmother to be honest but she raised me and I will always love her for that, she was wise, meek, and had an inner beauty that I’ll never see again. Honestly she saved my life, if it wasn’t for her I don’t know were I would be, I did before she passed on tell her that I was sorry for all the things I did wrong and that I love her soo much. She seen the good in me even when I didn’t see it in myself, and that’s what made her special in my eyes, she was a gem, and her presence was like desert before the meal :)