*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

9 months on, suddenly much harder

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by SadInThailand, Nov 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SadInThailand

SadInThailand New Member

I am here because of the sudden loss of my brother to a stroke some 9 months ago. He was the person who looked out for me the most in the world, and really made a lot of choices that saved my life on more than one occassion. It's very difficult now as my wife just gave birth to my second child, a boy, and it's the sort of thing my brother would have been so, so excited to experience with me. It was his birthday this last week, not long after my son was born, and the whole thing has really come crashing down on me much harder than I've felt since the first few weeks after his death. I'm really feeling like I'm not sure why I do any of the things I do as they seem meaningless when I can't share them with him, as we were basically the same person with all the same interests and talked about everything with each other. We would have 50-100 texts every day, and now I stare at my phone at work sometimes and realize that there's really no one in the world that actually wants to talk to me, as I invested all my friendship 'points' as it were into one relationship, which now is gone.

So feeling quite alone, stressed, and just overall pretty awful this week.

2. HW2927

HW2927 Member

So sorry for the loss of your brother. Sending you prayers. Congratulations on your son. It’s so hard as we grieve not only what we had with our loved one but all they are missing now. I try to remember that they are here with us in our hearts and from heaven can see us.

GaryM likes this.
  3. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

4. GaryM

GaryM Guest

Sorry for the loss of your brother. I too sending you prayers. I know nobody's grief is the same but I understand where you are at this time.

I suddenly lost my Wife in April she had a massive heart attack caused by pulmonary embolism. We had just moved into a new house. My Wife was my best friend in life and best person I ever met. My Wife never got to meet her Grandson in Philippines he will be 2 years old this December. She at least saw and talked to him on phone and tablet and he is such a happy little boy. She adored him and was so excited to go see him but our trip for that was cancelled due to pandemic.

I feel where you are now as I have suddenly fallen apart again 7 and a bit months later following our wedding anniversary last Sunday.

I am new here. I hope to find just people to talk with. I have been alone and only now trying to find support. Our grief is different brother but we need to reach out to people. I hope you can take some comfort from others on here. God Bless