*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

6 months...

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Stf24, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Stf24

Stf24 New Member

I lost my husband of 16 years about 6 months ago. I had a work event that kept me out until 8:45. We both had early mornings and were in bed by 9:15. At 12:15 in the morning I woke up to an odd noise. He had a sleep apnea machine, but this noise was different. I nudged him to roll over and stop. Shortly I realized this wasn't normal. After a long hour of calling 911, the ER and cops asking about our evening to rule out foul play he was pronounced dead. I said goodbye to my best friend, the love of my life, the father to my children and so many more things. I handle the running of the house fairly well. I am figuring out the single parent thing and know how to lean on friends for them. I miss my best friend. I miss having that person to turn to 10 times a day just to say it things are going. And I hate how people look at me! The pity is so obvious. I am strong and I will get through this. I do not need the pity. I just need a friend.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for being here and for sharing your story. I think there are so many people who can relate to what you are saying. The right kind of support can be hard to come by and that's why we're here. This site is filled with members looking to connect, and I hope it can be a help to you. Please take care~