*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

6 months

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by ainie, Apr 11, 2020.

1. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

Today marked six months since my husband died. I can hardly believe it has been half a year already. I miss him terribly but generally I feel I'm going to be ok now. Some days are still so very hard. Being isolated made today more difficult as I would have been able to spend time with my daughters and grandchildren if not for the new rules around getting together. Our youngest daughter especially is having a hard go with missing her Dad. Tomorrow will be brighter.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Ainie, My heart goes out to you and your daughters. Not being able to be together. It’s so important to have support on these dates.
    I recall the six month mark and in some ways if felt it went by fast and then it also felt like it was years instead of six months. It’s crazy how our mind works.
    Wishing you, your daughters and grandchildren all the best and each day a better day ahead.

3. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Ainie,

No amount of time passed will ever be enough for the loss of the one we shared our life with. I am so sorry, both you and Mike had three wonderful children together. I know he has passed on, but you will see him in them all theirs and your life.

When I watch and listen to my two sons I see Nadine. Sure even after 5 years she is with me still. I think time to each of us who have lost a loved one will be a mystery we can never explain. It is as if time can stand still when a memory crosses our mind and we might wish to hold it with us forever.

The one saving grace for me was all the tokens of life we kept, pictures, videos, music we each loved, our letters to each other before we were married, and on and on those memories cycle through our mind as we sit and think back.

Sure as I am standing here, she will be forever in my heart and I am sure Mike will be for you as well. I keep my sons close, and my eyes are never dry when I think of Nadine, we just had such a life together I wish to never forget.

Your grandchildren will also have those memories to fall back upon. I used to stay with my grandparents on my mother's side two weeks each summer. They lived on the oceanside near railroad tracks. I had so many adventures in their house each summer, I will always have them with me in life.

Time will keep reminding you of Mike. That is what each of us need when we adjust to our new life. I realize during these isolation times it is so very hard to comfort each other, but at least by talking, by writing, by expressing our feelings, we let others know they are not alone, and you are having difficult times facing some days.

My oldest son Mike is having the hardest time with his mother's loss. He was with me as we would take his mother to so many appointments in Florida. He told me one day he felt shattered inside and life was just not fair. So I am always watching both my sons, knowing deep inside, they are feeling the loss just as greatly as I have over time.

I hope time will start getting better for you. Days will seem a little brighter. Sorrow will lessen and your hope for tomorrow will grow over time. With loss nothing is easy, and I know you are no different in that regard. Take care of yourself. Look out for yourself, and your family.

Keep opening up as your heart will allow, and please never forget, when we each talk of our loved one, no words are ever wrong for they come straight from the heart. Peace be with you today.

-david

4. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

Thank you David and Robin for your kindness. The song was perfect David. It felt like the sunrise was offering hope.

5. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Ainie,

You are welcome. I hope on this special day Easter Sunday you can talk with your family.

Peace be with you and on the days forward.

-david

6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

You’re welcome! Hoping today is a better day for you and you’re family.
    ❤️