*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

5 Months and it feels like yesterday

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Debs, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Debs

Debs Member

Hi everybody..I'm new here and feel like I need help. My soulmate Ralph passed away exactly 5 months ago. We had know each other for 11 years and he was the love of my life. Our relationship had changed over the years to more platonic than romantic but he was "my person". I will always love him and I know he feels the same. I have been in a new relationship and my new guy understands what I had with Ralph and respects it. But Ralph was always there for me and I miss talking to him every day. We always camped on the 4th of July so this week is super hard. He began getting sick with heart attacks and strokes and was in assisted living for the last year or so but we talked every day and I would go get him and bring him to my house when I could. I feel like I was making progress in my grief but now I'm back to day 1. I know this is normal but it's so painful and I feel like I'm losing my mind. My 20 year old daughter misses him too and I can talk to her about it and she's wonderful. But I still miss "my person" like crazy and just feel soooooo sad all the time. I have been thinking about getting antidepressants even though I don't really like the idea.