*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

3 years later I'm still lost

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Alan Willard, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Alan Willard

Alan Willard New Member

I lost my son over 3 years ago from gsw. I've since divorced and am now alienated from my other 2 adult children and am suddenly alone. After all this time the pain has not eased but my faith has become stronger than ever. Just looking for a place to vent I guess

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

We lost our 28 year old son in the same manner that you lost yours. I miss him and wish I could see him. Easing of the pain takes a long period of time of working through your grief. I am glad your faith has become stronger-God was my only rescuer because He was the only one who could rescue me from the nightmare I found myself in. The thought kept going through my mind that God is the only one who can help me, so I just kept walking through the days and years knowing He was my answer-and He did what I thought no one could do. Chris

3. Alan Willard

Alan Willard New Member

Thanks for replying, I've followed this site but never posted before. I pray you have family with you, I live alone. After Spike died things went bad, divorced and estranged from most family but God gets me through each day

4. Chris M 2000

I live with my husband. We have not heard from our older son for several months now. I thought he might contact us over Christmas to let us know where he is and how he is. He has a serious meth addiction.
    I am trusting God to watch over him. God is always trustworthy and I am grateful to Him for all He has done for me, especially for Him drawing me into a close relationship with him.
    I am so glad you realize you are not alone, but that God cares about you and is your constant companion.
    Have a blessed day tomorrow.
    Chris

5. Chris M 2000

Hi, Alan. I hope you are getting along okay. We haven't heard from you in quite a while. We care about you and are here for you.

6. Chris M 2000

Hi Alan. We are so sorry about the loss of your dear son, Spike. Yes, after the loss of a child it seems that everything goes bad. We are not the same person we were and we never will be. It is difficult finding that happiness we once knew. Sometimes I see people on TV that are so excited and happy and I think: was I ever that way before? It seems so strange to watch them and think I might have been like that at one time. But there is light and hope after losing a child. I am proof of that after 20 years have passed. God is my light and my hope is to one day see Jesus and my dear son, Shawn, again. Sending God's blessing to you. Please let us know how you are. Chris