3 Losses in 4 months of the People that meant the world to me...

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Steve R, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Steve R

Steve R New Member

Hell0, My name is Steve.

In April 2018 I lost my Mother who smoked for 62 years; the destruction of 62 years of that poison played itself out …

One month later in May 2018, I lost my Father to lung cancer with metastasis to the brain.

Then on July 1st 2018 I lost my Wife to stage 4 metastatic stomach cancer, she was my world....

To say I have been is shock is an understatement. This has all been overwhelming. I am doing my very best to cope with this amount of tragedy.

Thank You for listening.

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear of your losses. I hope you find this site helpful - even if just to vent.

3. TAB

TAB New Member

I can relate to Steve R. I lost my husband Dec 2017 after 49 years of marriage, 3 months later, I lost my neighbor and best friend of 32 years. As couples, we did everything together. Friday night dinners, cards, travel, raised our kids and watched our grands grow up together. Then last week, 5 days before the 1 year anniversary of my hubby's passing, I lost my sister. She was an extension of me. Just when I think I'm taking a step forward, I get slammed. Losing my sister has really thrown me. Trying to put myself back together again. So in less then a year, I lost the 3 people I talked to everyday. The 3 people I always relied on. Too much grief in too short a time.