*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

3:30 am .... even sleeping pills fail

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by @APPY, May 21, 2020.

1. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

It's 3:30 am . I hv taken my sleeping pill around 2 hrs back. Still not able to close my eyes. 3 movies on netflix back to back still not helping. I am doing all these just to divert my mind atleast fr few minutes from the excruciating pain of missing my dad . Any other remedy anybody????
    Regards
    Appy

2. Cora1961

Cora1961 Well-Known Member

I used calm plus an over counter sleeping pill. Sometimes it works on the good night. Nothing helps on the bad nights. Good luck

3. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

Hey sorry to hear bout your restless nights. I have them too. Have you tried exercising during the day then a warm bath at night. You may have to try a different sleeping pill. Have you tried tylenol pm or tylenol 3. Hope you find a peace mind

4. Yoga allways help me to some extent. If Ypu couls find some comforting voice on youtube it may allso help.

5. Senith

Senith Member

Try listening to Hypnosis from Youtube. It really works for me.

6. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

I use True Calm and also am finding that the cbd oil may be working....I tried 250mg liquid first and it's just starting to kick in I think during the day.. I tried a 500mg dose yesterday to try and calm my shaking hands and panick attacks. It REALLY made me sleepy. I fought it because it was only 4pm and I was afraid I wouldn't sleep when I went to bed. But the cbd really worked to make me sleepy.

7. Liley773

I like that too Abby.

8. Liley773

Also Melatonin works at times

9. Nicole51720

Nicole51720 New Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I understand about the insomnia. I have taken sleeping pills and still cant sleep. I have tried herbal remedies as well. No luck. I just keep trying and hoping.
    You Tube really has helped at times as well. Check them out.
    I lost my Dad on the 17th and yet it still feels unreal. Like a bad dream.
    I know it will get better just wishing I could fast forward to when the pain will be less.
    I hope you find solace and restful sleep soon.

10. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Hey nicole .... practically nothing is working on me ryt now. NOTHING. guess what whtever I am trying it is like water a stone to grow a tree.
    Love appy.