*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Trying To "Move on".

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Meg84, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Meg84

Meg84 New Member

My mother passed away December 25, 2017. She had been sick her whole life (54 years). I was her caregiving since I was 8 years old. I am a mother and a wife and i feel like my life has no meaning now. I miss my mom calling me and texting me. I miss calling her and texting her about crazy things the kids did or what our plans are for the week. Moms birthday is coming up and I have no idea how I am going to get through it. Each day i hope and pray that this has all been a dream and I will wake up and she will be texting me, but that text never comes. All I want is for my mom to be alive and giving me crap about everything.

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my mother suddenly in May. Being a wife and mother gives your life great meaning - even though you miss your own mother. My mother died a week before Mother's Day, so that was very difficult. I don 't know what I will do on her birthday...so I don't really have any advice on how you will deal with your mother's birthday. Perhaps you can try to remember her in some special way.