*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

The love of my life

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Bevotex, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Bevotex

Bevotex New Member

My husband was killed August 7th 2016. My husband went on a morning ride on his motorcycle that day the lady that hit him didn't see him he tried to get out of the way but she was going to fast. She totaled her car and totaled his motorcycle. I never got to see him and tell him how much I loved him. We were together for 25 years, it was just the 2 of us. That was 5 days before my birthday. After the services not one of our friends have had time for me so I have had to go this alone and it's been the hardest thing I have ever done.

2. Deb B

Deb B New Member

I know how you feel. My husband passed unexpectedly in March of this year. For myself as well was always just us two & out two kids. We'd made our life close to 2000 miles from any family & made few friends due we had each other. Family flew in & were great support for a couple weeks after, but then went back to their lives & mine is forever changed. His absence is here everyday.
    All we can do is live one day at a time. It's not something to get over. It's something we have to get through & how I think is a unique personal journey for each of us. For me I think this may be a good place to start

griefic likes this.
  3. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and know it must be a struggle when you feel your support is minimal. I think you're right - it's not something to get over. But hopefully in connecting with others you'll find those who understand, and feel supported as you continue on forward. We're happy you've found us - please let me know if you have any questions about the site or if there is anything else we can do to support you. Please take care~

4. JudyK

JudyK New Member

I am holding you in my heart.

griefic likes this.
  5. JudyK

JudyK New Member

Please connect with me whenever you need to. This can be such a lonely road, even in my grief group (I've been going 3 sessions so far) no one has reached out to me to tell me to call them if I want to talk or invite me out for lunch or dinner. I don't understand. Sometimes we just want company of people who understand.

griefic likes this.
  6. Dear Bevotex,
    My husband died about a month ago, due to a homicide. The suddeness of his death has been a horrible shock. I imagine that the same can be said of you. This kind of death seems so impossible. You have no warning, no hint, that your life will suddenly be turned upside down. I have just been in a daze, trying to simply get through all the steps that need to be taken after a death. I'm not sure if I have really absorbed the entire horror of the whole thing, just yet. I'm only able to try to get through one day after another. I do have a son and daughter-in-law who have been supportive and very helpful. Still, I don't want to become a burden for them. I also have a couple of good friends but I feel that I cannot just keep going on and on about how horrible I feel. I agree that this is one of the hardest thing that I have ever had to do.