*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Sudden death

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kristy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Kristy

Kristy New Member

I lost my fiance April 29, 17. He was a type 2 diabetic insulin dependent. It was so suddenly I wasn't prepared. He was fine the night before nothing unusual. At 5:45 am I heard him making weird noises, I turned on the light and I saw white foam from his nose and mouth. I tried to wake him but he was unresponsive. When the paramedics arrived his blood sugar was 22, and he never revoveref. I found him March 23, 17. He celebrated his 52 birthday in the hospital in a coma on April 1. Unfortunately he lost his life on April 29. I miss him so much.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Kristy, I am so sorry for your loss. There is certainly a unique struggle in trying to cope when a loss happens suddenly. I'm glad you have come here for support and I hope you find the help you need. There are grievers here who understand. In the meanwhile, we addressed this issue of sudden loss in our blog: http://www.griefincommon.com/blog/sudden-loss-5-ways-its-different-then-expected-loss/. You can find that and more under "Resources". If you have any questions about how to navigate the site or how to connect with others, please let me know. Thanks for being here and for allowing us to be on this journey with you. Please take care...

3. Christina Wyman

Christina Wyman New Member

I lost my mother who was 1 of my best friends. She had an apartment in my house. She had open heart surgery in July. Came through it with no issues. Last Sunday, 10/1, she had a heart attack. She stayed very alert while in ICU. Mom waited 2 days to get to a step down unit. She told me at 5 PM on Wed. to go home by 5 AM Thursday she was gone!'
    How do I go on with out her?