*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

So sorry for your loss.

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by heart broken, Jul 26, 2016.

1. heart broken

heart broken New Member

I lost my husband October 1st 2016. I have been going to a program called Grief Share-- which seems to help some but. not completely. I think that time can begin to heal all wounds. But we say to our selves when? We are all different-- we heal at different times. Some never. I know that we wonder why our loved ones were taken from us. I don't think we'll ever know the answer. But we have to try .to move forward a little bit each day. And cherish the memories that we have of them locked away in our hearts. I hope this may help a little to know that time will eventually heal your heart. Thank you. C.

2. heartbroken did you mean Oct. 2015? I just lost my husband July 8th 2016. I don't think this horrible pain of losing my best friend and heart will ever go away. Prayers for you. Hold on

3. heart broken

heart broken New Member

Yes , I meant 2015 and prayers for you as well. God Bless.

4. Julie

Julie New Member

heart broken - lost my husband - April 11, 2016 - 108 days - seems like forever. Feels like half of me has died, the person that was my light, laughter, inspiration, my rock, the best part of everything in my little world. I have signed up for a Grief Share program that startsin September, have been doing grief counseling with my pastor. I think grief must be the price we pay for love. True courage is being afraid...but continuing on anyway...may God grant you and all of us peace...

Lisa B. likes this.
  5. JoJo

JoJo New Member

Oh my goodness I also lost my husband on July 8 2016, he was in a freak accident on the 28th of June and he did not survive because the brain damage was too severe

6. Sorry for your loss. And that doesn't seem like enough to say it really the right thing to say. I lost my sweet William July 8 2016.
    I also will be taking grief counceling in sept. And have also been talking with my pastor. it's so very hard how do you continue with a big piece of you gone. God gave me the song Thy Will by Hillary Scott while they were working on my husband I couldn't get it out of my head for several days the first verse is how I felt but we have to remember the rest Thy will be done. It was our husbands time to go and they will be waiting for us when God says its our time. And I said knowing what I know now and knowing I would have this pain I loved him so very much and I would do it all over again

7. July 8th is going to be so hard for both of us. It's a day we didn't know each other but walked down the same hurtful road. Prayers for peace for you and prayers we both can stay strong. Im starting group grief counseling in Sept my cousin who lost her husband July 9 three years ago said it has helped her. Sending hugs to you

8. Julie

Julie New Member

The pieces of the grief process overwhelms me- sometimes everything at once...denial,anger,bargaining (depression) with the what if's, and once in awhile acceptance, I keep treading water and I have not drowned. Sometimes we are so wounded that we will take help from anyone...out of nowhere comes a hand, it is all we've got, we grab on it is the hand of hope. We are relieved to discover someone whose experience bears a striking resemblance to our own, it helps us to know we are not alone...may God grant us peace...

9. JoJo

JoJo New Member

I guess I am having a real hard time with his death. He was only 42 years of age, 2 teenagers at home. We have 1 adult child. He passed away 3 days before my oldest child's birthday 1 week and 1 day before mine ( which because of family in town we had his memorial on my birthday) and his birthday was the 27th of July. Our 18 anniversary is this month. We wanted to renew our vows on our 18th.. I keep asking why??? He was such a good man and good father. I do question God, people say God has a plan... But I am not agreeing with it!!!!

Vicki likes this.
  11. JoJo I thought I had sent you a message yesterday. But maybe it didn't go through. I know people do say that about God having plan but it feels like the only plan is top break your heart.
    I know people do say that but it feels like the plan is to break your heart. Which I know isn't true just feels that way. I believe you have a time to be born and when you are born it is already written when you will die Ecclesiastes 3:2. Except to God he is taking us home and we live forever more. But that doesn't help those of us left behind we miss them so much. I have been on such an emotional rollercoaster. Ive cried and screamed till Ive had nothing left. We had always planned a vacation to the mountains and rent a cabin in Oct. We were going to do that this year. He was a home body and didn't like to go places was excited about our trip. One that now will never happen. I to questioned God because William was a sweet gentle person and oh how he loved me and I loved him. We had three grandchildren. And he was step-dad to my 4 children. We were married for 13 years and together 15. His birthday was the day after his funeral. He was 45. Hold tight to your children and I've learned to ask why not as much because like I said to me I already know why. God wanted him home it was his time to go. He is happy he is safe. But my heart is still shattered. God has held me up and has given me the comforter her promised. I was almost hospitalized until I was prayed over and I allowed the Holy Spirit to come back in. Now I function and do what I need to do. I spend time with our grandchildren he loved so much. And just like what my family told me. Your husband loved you so much and he would want you to continue living and keeping his memory alive. One day you'll have grandchildren and they will need to be told all the wonderful stories about their grandpa. Our youngest is 1 so I have many things to tell him. I'm holding myself together because William had told me before If I go first I want you to be happy and live life to it's fullest. I will hold close his memories and I love to talk about him and I think of the good times and smile and I think of him and I cry. Because that pain hurts so bad and I miss him so much and I know God holds all those tears in his hands. And it's ok to cry and scream you shouldn't hold it in. Also I start spousal grief group in Sept. because it helps to talk to others who know exactly what you feel. Sending hugs to you and hold on. The pain will forever be there the missing will forever be there but you will get through it and learn to live with it and remember him because that's what he would have wanted.

12. TruTime

TruTime Member

13. TruTime

TruTime Member

I lost my husband suddenly almost 4 years ago. One thing I have learned is that recovery and grief go hand in hand and takes time. Everyone walks this path on their own time table. Just be gentle and kind to yourself.

14. Thank you. And your right it does. Others true to rush you but they need to give you the time you need.

Debra S Lively likes this.
  15. Debra S Lively

Debra S Lively New Member

This time last week my husband was alive but in the hospital. He had an upper respiratory infection but his fever had broken. I went home to pick up our dog from our daughters. We had a sweet conversation right before bed telling each other we loved each other. The doctor called me at 4:44 am to tell me he was dead. I cannot take this in. I am lost.

16. Sadie

Sadie New Member

I lost my husband of 46 years on May 28, 2016 after a five month illness. It seems like I am still not able to take this in also, so I know how you feel.

17. Mommyangel

Mommyangel Member

I am so sorry. I lost my husband of 46 years June 4th, 2016 after being diagnosed with liver cancer in February 2016.

18. Sadie

Sadie New Member

Yes, it definitely hits you hard - my husband started getting ill one week before Christmas 2015 and then finally diagnosed with pancreatic cancer the beginning of March and it was down hill from there.

19. Mommyangel

Mommyangel Member

How are you coping, I feel like I'm numb and just trying to get through it day by day.

20. Sadie

Sadie New Member

That has been my mantra every time someone asks me how I am doing - I am taking it one day at a time - some days are bad and some days are okay. My latest problem is I do not seem to be able to sleep. I toss and turn all night and then in the morning I can hardly get up in time to go to work. In fact I have been going it at least a hour late everyday.