*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Overcome by grief, finding it hard to keep it together during work

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by jillelizabeth, Apr 3, 2018.

1. jillelizabeth

jillelizabeth New Member

I lost my nephew on Valentines Day from an accidental overdose death. His passing came 8 months after losing my brother suddenly and 4 years ago lost my Dad suddenly. I work in Substance abuse and mental health, I take crisis calls and help people find treatment.... I relive his death and mental illness over and over again while working due to the similar subject matter. I cry alot and also suffer with major depressive disorder and have learned that I love hard and grieve hard. I find it difficult to deal with so much grief. When I think of my brother (my nephews Dad who passed) it kills me.. the pain of losing a child to overdose is just overwhelming and I feel my brothers pain.. I wanted to share that I am overcome right now again,, multiple times a day. It's been only 41 days since his death but he was 27 years old and he meant the world to me... I am just so very sad.. I am still grieving my brothers death, now sibling death has been more painful than anything and if anyone can be a contact or support I would appreciate it. I am more at peace with my Dad's passing because we are so connected I know I will be with him again in the Kingdom of Heaven.. and we shared the same faith. I am at peace that he didn't suffer, I miss him terribly but I feel he is still with me.
    Thank you for listening