My One True Love is gone

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Lynn D, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Lynn D

Lynn D New Member

I lost my husband back in October of 2016 to a massive heart attack and died in my arms. I can't move on. It's still like yesterday.The pain is so intense. He was my whole world, my strength, my one true love. I feel as if my soul went with him.I struggle through each day and its not getting any easier.How do I get to the point where I'm strong enough to move on and except this? Every dream we had together is gone and I'm stuck.Im just existing.
  2. Debbie I

Debbie I New Member

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND, I had the exact same loss..I am so sorry My love also took his last breath in my arms as I did CPR on him for 11 minutes till EMT's got here, but he couldn't hold on Next month will be 2 years and I still have flashbacks of the horrible night. I had to sell my house and move because I couldn't stay in our bed/bedroom. All my/our "friends" except my best friend vanished, back to their own lives right after the service along with our kids & it's just me and our dog!! It does get easier to live with, with time..But the pain and loneliness DOES NOT go away!☹☹ I'm trying to find my purpose in life now, I've been the caregiver for everyone for so long(took care of both my elderly parents and also lost them both this last year & a half) that now I don't have anyone to care for, don't know where I fit in Just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other! Hugs and prayers to you, KEEP on moving forward!
  3. Lynn D

Lynn D New Member

Im so sorry for your loss as well. I feel exactly the same way with not knowing my place. My children are all grown and have lives of their own. Two of them love with me ,but Im still alone if you know what I mean? I also have flashbacks of that horrible day and go over it in my mind of how I could have done something else or handled it differently like did I say e everything I needed to say or did he hear me.We had a love that is very rare are souls were comnected as one and I feel dead inside. The hardest part of this all is trying to hide all of this pain from everyone. When someone asks me if Im ok, well what am I suppose to say? No, I'm not. My brother lost his wife a year ago and was able to find someone. I just cried my eyes out and said I just can't. How will I ever love another. It's not possible.