*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My life is changed forever

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by lola m hornof, May 2, 2018.

1. lola m hornof

lola m hornof New Member

I lost my husband on April 6 2018 suddenly. I am lost without him and miss him so much. He was the best man ever. All I can do is cry and hidein my apartment. I feel like I will neve get ovet this loss. He passed away right next to me in his sleep. Now I am alone and don't know what to do. I am at a loss on what to do, how to grieve.

2. Laura93

Laura93 Member

So sorry for your loss. ;( I also lost my husband. He also died in his sleep. I would love to cry more but I have a 10 months old baby and I have to get up, take care of him, go for walks, feed him and only time for me to let my emotions out is at night. My parents don't want to see me crying. And I feel that they don't allow me to grieve. So I feel so alone in my grief. I also feel totally lost. I can't see any purpose or future dreams ahead. I wish I could say something that would make us feel better and give comfort. I seek peace in my faith.

3. xHeavYMetaLx

xHeavYMetaLx Member

Sorry for you loss.

4. Carolyn24

Carolyn24 Guest

I know you've heard these words "sorry for your loss" over and over and I know they bring no comfort but know they are said with much sincerity. I lost my husband in a car accident last year. Eight months later I don't feel much different, but it is a little. I can only pass on a little of what I've learned. Most importantly take time. I made lists of things to do. those lists would include things like make lunch, or walk the dog. And when I did them I would congratulate myself that I had accomplished something, even if that was all I did that day. Know that you are not alone. there are many who know exactly how you feel. This is very early for you. Give yourself all the time you need.

5. Sugar Spice

Sugar Spice New Member

Sorry about your loss, it will be 2 years for me in January