*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My heart

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by amy.russell2003, Apr 23, 2018.

1. amy.russell2003

amy.russell2003 New Member

On July 15th of 2014 I lost my heart. My little brother was my whole world and since that day I have been stuck in this world of despair. I'm in counseling and on medication and I have to say it helps. I don't cry as much but I still have pictures of him and only him hanging on all my walls in picture frames. It hurts to look at them but it also brings a sense of peace... knowing he surrounds me.
    They found my brother in a very small amount of water. He was fishing. The coroner could give me no explanation as to why he was unconscience. He was physically fit as he was getting out of the army. So there is no real answer for me. A lot of unanswered questions that I'll have to live with the rest of my life. He was my heart... I miss him so.

Debsforever likes this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Amy, I am so very sorry for your loss. There is no good time or way to lose someone we loved, but it can be especially hard when it is someone young, and when it happens suddenly. The lack of clarity are answers can complicate things, and I'm sorry for all you are having to suffer. The sibling relationship is such a special one, but not often recognized when it comes to the pain this type of loss can bring. I am glad you are seeking help and hope you can find it here. Please let me know if you have any questions about the site or if there is anything we can do. Take care~

Debsforever likes this.
  3. Kelli Baldwin

Kelli Baldwin New Member

I lost my brother too just less than a month ago (April 1st was the fatal head trauma accident from a fall from an electric skateboard and he declared on April 2nd). Not only was he my brother (and only sibling), but he and his wife of 26 years and nephews were also our neighbors. I see his car sitting there and I get sad. I can picture him driving by and our quick waves coming and going out of the neighborhood. I've had bouts of anxiety, but it has really flared up since his death. This has been one of the hardest things we've gone through as a family. I don't know what normal is anymore.