*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

More than just a mother

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Dara Holt, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Dara Holt

Dara Holt New Member

I lost not only my grandma, but my mother as well. My grandma adopted me when I was 6. From that moment on she was mom. She died suddenly on Easter Sunday of 2017. I am still angry, lost, and at times feel like giving up. Nothing in this world could replace her and what she gave me. The true definition of unconditional love was inside her heart and she gave it all away to those who needed it most. I am screaming as I slowly drown in this sea and no one can see or hear me. I died with her and now my kids are losing their mom.... I can't breathe, I cant function. I exist.... with the worst pain in the world. My life before age 6 was horrible, I'd take that pain 20 times over just to get rid of this pain and have her back.

2. KirstyJJ

KirstyJJ New Member

Hi Dara,
    I have just read your post and it really touched me. While I don’t have the same story as you or also recently have lost my mum. My mum suddenly died 3 months ago and I am also struggling to come to terms with it. Ever since my mum has passed I struggle with normal day to day life and just feel sad and angry that my mum has gone and that I didn’t get to say goodbye.
    If you would ever like to talk I would be more than happy to listen
    Kind regards
    Kirsty

3. Dara Holt

Dara Holt New Member

Thank you Kristy. I hate death. I never lost a close family member or someone that i cared and loved for until she passed. It a nightmare and everytime i wake up i get throw back into the horror of being without her all over again. Days slowly come and go and life seems to go on but my heart is standing still. I am so sorry you are having to feel these same things. You are not alone. I am here as well.
    Dara

4. Dara Holt

Dara Holt New Member

Kirsty* so sorry my auto correct is a fool.

5. KirstyJJ

KirstyJJ New Member

I completely understand unfortunately for me I have lost quite a few members of my family but nothing compares to losing your mum! I thought I understood grief but now I realise that I really had no idea. Trying to carry on a normal day to day routine when a massive part of it is gone is really hard, I think of my mum every single day and my life is so empty without her in it. Knowing that I couldn’t does anything to help her is one of the worst parts for me. I know the feeling of thinking nobody understands what your thinking or feeling but I want you to know that I will probably understand mostly everything you are going through right now so anything you want to talk about or ask.. anything at all. I’m happy to help.