*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mom after her long illness.

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Clint, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Vana

Vana Member

Ellen,
    Thank you for sharing all that.
    My computer is in storage and I'm using a tablet. Never sent email on it yet. I will type something today... just let me know if it goes through so I don't waist my time for nothing.
    Vana

2. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Ellen,
    I didn't send anything yet, but the email will be zvana22@gmail.com
    My husband was 10 years older than me. He had triple bypass, 3 stents and a valve replacement. Of course my husband and his doctor up north didn't want me to know the extent of what was done, but the doctor down here did. He told me he had no heart left.
    Talk soon, Vana

3. Vana

Vana Member

Ellen,
    I should not be here today for many reasons. I believe it was my faith that kept me here.. for what reason.. I don't know.
    I thought about writing a book a few times, but I would need a ghost writer. Then again, I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested or if I should just leave things alone.
    Your the first person that was ever interested in what I had to say and I thank you for that.
    Talk soon, Vana

griefic likes this.
  4. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Ellen,
    Best of luck with your book, I know it will be good!
    Ellen, I know your a busy person and I don't want to overwhelm you with my email.

5. Vana

Vana Member

I hit the reply by mistake. I'm going through something, and I'm suffering. I will email you. Maybe you can give me some advice.
    Vana

6. Vana

Vana Member

Ellen,
    Just to let you know I was having trouble sending email with my gmail account, so I used my aol. You can read it when you have a chance. It was hard to type stuff like that. Sorry if it's a bit confusing.
    Take care, Vana

7. Clint

Clint Member

Ellen I'm here clint.....I need to talk

8. Owen Meehan

Owen Meehan New Member

Hi Clint

I just lost my mom on April 25th. She was my everything and my best friend. She had a stroke and I took care of her for nine years since I was 16 until she died from a second stroke. I still have my dad but I feel really lonely and could also use someone to talk to who understands how I'm feeling. I hope you're doing ok. Maybe we could support each other. I'm always here if you want to talk.

Owen

9. Clint

Clint Member

Hello Owen..first of all let me say you will get through this. My mom died last August after along illness. I was her caretaker for 16 years. Never left her side. I don't know your religious beliefs, but the Lord is getting me through this, as I have no family. My Dad died in 2004. What I have learned these past months is to try and move forward a little everyday. I know how hard that is but you have to try. I will help you anyway I can. Please let me know how your feeling. Looking forward to your response. ... Clint.

10. Kenne

Kenne Member

I lost my Momma as well and I keep finding myself crying and thinking of her and then I still can't get over her being gone I know how you feel

11. Walter russell

Walter russell New Member

I lost my mom Friday after a long illness I feel like I'm dying

12. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Walter,
    I'm very sorry for your loss...
    I know how you feel, I live with it every day. Any time you feel like talking, let me know. Take care

griefic likes this.
  13. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Walter, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I don't have to tell you that the loss of a parent is a very significant one, though I think it is often misunderstood by people that haven't experienced it. I'm glad that you've come here for support and know that you will find a very caring community of people who care. If you have any questions about the site or if we can be a help in any way, please let us know. For now, take care, and just know that we're here~