*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my youngest brother Tedy

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Joan, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Joan

Joan New Member

My brother, 55, was found dead in his apartment on June 15 of this year. I was informed by two State Troopers who came to my door on that morning. The tenant upstairs from my brother noticed that she hadn't seen him, so she called the landlord, who went into the apartment and found his body on the couch. he had been struggling with prescription drugs, alcohol, and depression, but as of today, we still have no final cause of death. I am angry, depressed, anxious, and dreading the future without him.

JaMei likes this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Joan, I am so sorry for your loss. While there is no process of grieving a loss that ever feels "normal" to us, I can tell you that so much of what you are going through is common for those whose loved one has died. It makes it especially challenging that you had no warning and still have no answers. As people may encourage you to move forward, that can be very hard to do when you don't feel that any part of what's happened has been resolved or answered in any way. There are so many people suffering through mental health issues and substance abuse, and it effects every part of the family. I know there are people here who can relate and I hope in time you will find the support and connections you need. Please don't hesitate to reach out in "Make a Connection". We are a new site and growing so fast. As I see the registrations coming in I know there are people here whose situation is so similar to yours. Making connections and talking to people who have not only had a loss, but experienced a loss similar to yours is what can help you in the days ahead. Please message me if you have any questions about the site. I wish you all the best...

JaMei likes this.
  3. LauRae

LauRae Member

I'm sorry for your loss, Joan. My brother was killed by a drunk driver when he was almost 20. I still miss him so much.

I hope it gets a little easier for you.

JaMei likes this.