*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my mother

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Kmosley_2017, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Kmosley_2017

Kmosley_2017 New Member

On December 15, 2017 I lost my mother and my best friend. I can’t even put into words how much I love my mom and how close we were. It still does not seem real to me that she is gone. I am pregnant with my first child and I am very scared of what the emotions are doing to this sweet unborn child. I try to avoid feeling sad and angry but sometimes I can’t keep it in. I feel lost without my mom and I don’t know how I can go on without her.

2. dcook326

dcook326 New Member

It's hard to find any solid footing after losing a parent, especially in your. My dad passed on October 12, 2017 and he was my best friend. We would bust each others chops when the situation required, tell each other what needed to be said, watch the Cubs play every chance we could. The thing that helped me the most was allowing myself to just find a room and cry. I was tired of keeping the emotions in and making a mess of everything else. I finally got to the point where I can go places and interact with others because I give myself time to just let it out. These rooms help, too. It's nice to have a place to let others know how crappy of a day I've had because I miss my dad. It's been two months and you found the strength to get this far, don't sell yourself short. I'm sure your baby will be told many stories of Grandma so your mom is always going to be with you. Sorry for the loss of your mom.

3. Shelby2014

Shelby2014 New Member

I'm sorry for your loss. It has been 4 years since my mom's death and I just signed onto this site because there are times grief pops up super strong. Right now I'm in the midst of adopting a child and can't believe she's not here to talk with about it, although I feel she is in a way, the grief, which manifests as anxiety in my life gets really strong sometimes. I realized just yesterday that I can easily get overbusy and avoid feeling the emotions then before I know it I'm exhausted and full of anxiety. I've been resting more and feeling better. Writing about it is an incredible help too, so I'm happy to have found this site.