*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of loved one

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by norman, Aug 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. norman

norman New Member

Hello. I lost my life partner of 23 years in July,2016 to cancer and COPD complications. It's been a month since her passing and I'm struggling to carry on. So lonely now. Do I need another partner? I want someone in my life again.

2. Kenneth Higgins

Kenneth Higgins New Member

Oh course only you can answer that question. My wife of 37 years and 10 days has been gone for two years July. I too am lonely. But the thing that I can't do is remove everything that we gathered together from this old house. Or better said. Everything that belonged to my wife. You must allow the new chick to clean out the box before she starts to build HER nest. I know the story for every thing in the house. It's my history too. I know you can't live in the past but removing everything is just too big a step for me. I hope you find someone to put in the center of your world.

Mar, Andrea Howey and Angelita like this.
  3. norman

norman New Member

Thanks for replying. My deceased friend's family lives next door and her sister helped me gather much of her clothing ready for disposal or donation.

4. Angelita

Angelita Member

Hope you find your way..

5. norman

norman New Member

Gracias. Latina? I know Spanish.

Angelita likes this.
  6. Angelita

Angelita Member

That's great.

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

I know how much it hurts, but you need to grieve. I lost my husband from kidney cancer on February 15, 2016, and I work full-time during the day and I signed up for Cosmetology school from 5-10 pm four days a week. I was trying to escape the grieving, but it caught up to me. I took a break from the cosmetology school over the summertime. I recently started school again, I cry more now than when I first lost my husband. I am told it is because the numbness is wearing off.
    I find it easier when I am around people because of the distraction. The holidays are coming and it will get harder, but you will survive it. Do you have any hobbies? Forget about finding a partner right now. It is best to heal your inner self. I find comfort when I read the bible and pray. I will be praying for you.
    Take care.

Csd1964 and Angelita like this.
  8. SpeedyRIP

SpeedyRIP Member

You may want a partner but it may be wise to wait awhile. Especially as long as you were with your life partner. Take the time you need to grieve her before you add in someone new to the mix. HTH <3

Angelita likes this.
  9. babe28

babe28 New Member

I too have lost my husband of 28 years in August, 2016 of Massive Heart Attack, it hurts so much, i miss him, having someone as a friend would be nice, but its too soon for anything more, i have to cope with the pain first, i do think you need a friend right now, i know i do

10. Keara Love

Keara Love Member

I am 18 years old, i have had a rough life.. i am a single mom to a beautiful son, named Malachi. Cody was my Ex and my bestfriend. He was coming home from a party late one night at about 2:00 am. I had my phone turned off cause Malachi Can't sleep.. He was Drunk and hit by the train.. Malachi was left without a dad, and i was left without the love of my life.

11. SpeedyRIP

SpeedyRIP Member

Keara, I am so sorry to hear this. (((Hugs))) Being so young & going thru something like this has got to be hard. I hope you have a good circle of people who support you. If you don't, feel free to msg me any time. How long ago did this happen?
    I lost the Love of my Life to suicide 8yrs ago and to this day, I'm still waiting for the memories to make me smile & not cry.
    I wish you well. <3

12. Tara Wehry

Tara Wehry Member

13. Tara Wehry

Tara Wehry Member

Only you can answer that. You need to grieve. I lost my love, my husband and best friend. It was sudden and unexpected. I cry a lot because I miss him so much. We were married for 24 years. It's like half of me is gone forever.

14. Hi I know how you feel I lost my husband of 21 years on June 12th 2016, he had congestive heart failure and diabetes, it is very hard for me sometimes but without the Lord everyday to help me and my Dad I don't know what I would of done I moved in with my Dad on the day of my husband's funeral which was June 21, 2016 he was by himself so we help each other out, he will be 95 next month on the 27th and I will be 53 on the same day. I know my husband John is not suffering anymore, he is with the Lord now and I am trying to move on with my life but not forget him at all, because I know I will see him one day again. Also my Dad lost 3 of his siblings he had keft in his family there was 5 of them he lost them in 2016 also a sad year for our families. It just takes tome to heal and to go on with our lives with God's help.