*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of Husband

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Nancy, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Nancy

Nancy New Member

I lost my husband to a massive heart attack in April of 2016. We were married for over 50 I thought that my children would be here for me but their lives have continued mine seems to be at a standstill. I was with him when he died. That has been engraved in my mind. I wouldn't want it any other way in retrospect but I just feel so lonely. My husband had no health insurance and I am in danger of losing my home that we worked so hard for. I just need to know that I am not alone. NS

Marcia Carey and Irene like this.
  2. Ray

Ray Member

Nancy
    My wife of 56 years Passed away April 22 2017. after a short illness I still think that it is a bad dream and i will wake up and see will be here. Very hard to get thru the day with out her .We were school sweethearts You are not alone we all feel the same grief I have the hardest time in the mornings .No one in the house but me , I tell
    myself i need to get out and do something i do go out only to find myself wanting to go back home. Do not know if it ever gets better.

Ray

Marcia Carey likes this.
  3. Irene

Irene New Member

My husband died suddenly. I found him slumped over in the kitchen and knew instantly that something was terribly wrong. The memory of that day haunts me still. My daughters both have homes of their own and even though they have been very supportive, I feel alone. I find myself crying at the dumbest times and miss him so. I cannot seem to move on even after five years. We were married 36 years and he really was my soul mate. I would love to be able to have a friend that knows what this feels like.

Marcia Carey likes this.
  4. Nancy, I am new here. I too lost my husband November 7 th 2017 we were married 61 years last May, I was holding my husband in my arms when he passed and i have such a hard time seeing in my mind, I took complete care of him the last eight years due to a traumatic brain injury he had Parkinson's 24 years, I thank God that HE blessed me with good health to always be right there to take care of him. I too am at such a loss, don't know what to do, am trying real hard to do better but am not doing a good job at it. I moved to be near daughter and her husband in South Carolina and got apartment right away, but everyone is So busy in their own life that I do not get to see them often. The loneliness is so hard. I hope I can learn how to get around on the site here, seems my whole life has changed and it's like I am in a maize trying to find my way out. Prayers for you and all others

5. Prayers for you, my husband and I were married 61 years in May and he passed away last Nov. 7th. If you have a local support group that meets once a week, you might find it helpful. I am looking for one in my area as I recently moved from California clear across the country to be near our daughter and her husband, but they are so busy with their own lives, am just as lonely as before I made the move. Seems the only ones that understand what I am going through, are others that have lost their beloved spouse. It only seems to be getting harder for me but hopefully can find a local support group. Prayers for all that are going through this too.

Marcia Carey likes this.
  6. Netta

Netta Member

I do know what it feels like the loneliness is awful I've cried evety day since my husband died suddenly of a heart attack October 5th 2018 gets harder every day my children are grown and gone and don't come around much seems like everybody has forgotten about me feel like I make them uncomfortable get treated diffrent I miss him so much waves of grief wash over me at times feels unbearable feel more alone with people sometimes then when I'm alone feel lost and don't know what I should do this is the hardest thing I've ever went though

Marcia Carey likes this.
  7. Marcia Carey

Marcia Carey Active Member

We are all in the same boat but I know that boat is not going to sink. Take one day at a time and enjoy what you can. Yes half my brain left with my husband of 55 years. It has now been 13 months.m I have to reinvent myself. That will take some time. I am on oxygen 24/7 so it makes it difficult. Everyday has something good in it. It might be a candy bar that I ate all by myself. Fortunately I am on the computer a lot so any help ask me and I will try to answer. Look for the positive. You pick what TV shows to watch. You pick what time you go to bed. You pick what you want to eat. Last xmas I watched every xmas show there was. My husband never really liked them so I really did enjoy them. There was a lot of crying but healing also. You will be surprised at how resilient you are. You will start noticing that you are becoming the new you.

8. Kriss

Kriss Well-Known Member

Well we weren’t married for as long but I feel like I’m in the same boat. Married for 30 years. Hubby had massive heart attack. Within three hours of the 911 call he was gone. I’m so lost without him. One of my kids is married and lives away. She seems alright or doesn’t let on anyway. Son lives with me and I just found out he doesn’t like seeing me upset. It makes it worse for him. I’m crying non stop. I feel like I’m going backwards in the grieving process. Hubby worked 40 hours no insurance. I worked maybe 15 hours a week no insurance. Don’t know how I am going to keep the house from going or electric being turned off. Feel like I have let everyone down. I’m so lost.

Marcia Carey likes this.
  9. Marcia Carey

Kriss you need to call a Hospice office. They will connect you with some help. They will also guide you towards a social worker. You should call your utility company sometimes they have a help thy neighbor program to help with utility bills. Call your mortgage company and see if they can help. As far as medical bills they will just have to wait. If you send them anything per month even $25 they will bug you but can not do anything about it. Are you able to go back to work. That is quit a predicament your in. God closes one door but opens another. You will get frustrated but sit down and catch you breath. You certainly didn't let anyone down. You might be able to find a support group in your area. I happen to live in a small town so I don't have any support groups here.,Look on this website and you will find one that says grief coaching. They will help you. You are not alone keep us posted on your progress.

10. Kriss

Kriss Well-Known Member

I am going to a supp
    i am going to a support group. It means once a month. So far I’ve only been to one. Going again tomorrow night. This group has been real helpful. Thanks for the help didn’t know I could call utilities and they might have something. I have called mortgage company they really can’t help with anything or so they say anyway. Thanks for the kind words.

11. Kriss

Kriss Well-Known Member

I just looked up the grief support. Curious it didn’t say a price. Does anyone know the price

12. Marcia Carey

This website has all kinds of help you just have to look it up. I know the 1st counseling is free I don't know about after that. Good luck and God-bless you