*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It’s been one week since my boyfriend passed away

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Jenn4, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Jenn4

Jenn4 New Member

It will be one week since my boyfriend passed away tomorrow. Tomorrow will also be the first day back at work after losing him.
    I don’t know how to move on with my life when he won’t be there next to me. He dealt with addiction to adderall and Vicodin but his death is still ruled a mystery... that is until we get the coroners report.
    I have dealt with loss before, my grandma in 2004, my dad in 2005, my grandpa in 2009, my aunt in 2015 and now my boyfriend in 2017.
    The love of my life, I was with him for 10 years and this all seems so surreal. I find myself randomly breaking down and looking at how everything reminds me of him. I look at friends and family who are celebrating and happy during the holidays and all I can think about is.. what do I do with the stocking stuffers I already bought him?
    Life just seems so unfair and I wonder why life has decided that I should be the one to lose so many loved ones.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Jenn, I'm sorry for all that you've lost. It's something I'll never understand - why do so many people have to do deal and cope with so much loss? Multiple losses don't mean a griever is any more equipped to deal with the losses that come, instead it can feel like they compound the pain. As for the holidays and how to handle gifts that haven't been given? That's not an easy one...the answer will be different for everyone. Some people decide to make a donation in their loved ones name. Others will continue to place those same gifts under the tree or in a stocking for years to come. And bottom line, whatever you do this year isn't going to be what you have to do each year. This year will be just about getting through it, in any way you can. I hope you have people around you who understand that, and I am glad you have found our site. I hope it can be a help to you. Please take care~

3. Fefe

Fefe New Member

Hi I lost my bf the father if my child when I was seven months pregnant it's been about seven months now and I feel the same way angry like its so unfair and he was the love of my life now I'll never have the wedding of my dreams your going to break down a lot i def do I still can't believe it so my response to you is coming from a perspective of I know exactly how you feel and on top of it I have to be strong for my son it's the hardest thing ever to go on without someone you loved so very much