*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I'm not the same

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Everything's different, Feb 12, 2017.

1. October 11, 2016 changed my life forever. He went to work as he did everyday only this day he never came him. He was stuck by a car and died instantly. Time stopped. This was not supposed to happen. He was going to spend the rest of his life with me...not the brief 3 years we had together. My rock, my support, my best friend, my everything gone in an instant. I'm not sure how to move forward. I've lost all interest in everything. I grieve everyday. I'm sad everyday. I want to wake up tomorrow and find out it was a really bad dream. I love him more than anything. My daughter loves him more than anything. Life will never be the same. Everything's different now and I hate it.

Ayanna McMahon and Janet Taylor like this.
  2. Kathy McDougall

Kathy McDougall New Member

Last week I was looking for a reset button. I mean, this could not be real and I cannot imagine how I will live the rest of my life with this loss. There has to be a way to make it not true. If this is the New Normal, it sucks!

And yet I get up each morning and make it through the day. I hate it but I do. Some days are better than others. And, unfortunately, I know that this New Normal will be my new life. I am grateful for the time I had because I would not be the person I am without it.

This is my favorite new phrase. Big love, big grief. Your love was big so your grief will take some time to be manageable. Give yourself grace and look for the light in the darkness. I hope this helps.

LesleyAnn, Ayanna McMahon and Kleigh like this.
  3. Toni Fields

Toni Fields New Member

I lost my husband suddenly this past Valentine's day. He came home as usual late from work. He was happy we told one another how much we love each other that day. We made love that nite and he had a massive heart attack and died shortly there after. This man was truly my soul mate in every way. We spent every moment together including church together every Sunday. Seems like a nitemare but I know God is still in control and has great plans for my life. I already see the many needs of knowledge and information widows need so I know when I'm stronger I will help others. Read what the bible says about marriage after death and what he says about widows. He treasure us and will strengthen us. I see God's word as the only way out of this storm!

4. Janet Taylor

Janet Taylor New Member

5. Janet Taylor

Janet Taylor New Member

You verbalized exactly how I feel. My husband had a heart attack July 25, 2016. I did CPR until the EMTs arrived. I didn't think he should survive the trip to the hospital, but he did. They put stents in a coronary artery, and 4 days later, he finally woke up.
    There was oxygen lots to the brain, so some damage was done. His heart was at 30% function and his kidneys had suffered. My sweet husband, Patrick, was still in there. He knew me; we had conversations; we kissed and held hands. He kept saying. "I'm sorry." He lasted 2 months in the hospital, passing September 25. Kidney failure finally took him.
    It's be nearly a year. I'm still here, but I'm not convinced that I want to be here without him. The anniversary dates that are approaching are devastatingly painful. As soon as the calendar flipped to July, my anxiety elevated to a new level.
    I don't know what to do to make it through the next 2 months. I'm overwhelmed with loneliness and what I call, "soul ache."
    I know I'm not alone. Others have experienced loss of their soulmate and survived. I just don't know how to do it right now.

Debbie Hudnall likes this.
  6. Lynn Bain

Lynn Bain New Member

I just lost my husband three months ago and I am so lonely. The house is so quiet now and I hate it. We were married over 50 years and I can't believe that I will spend the rest of my life like this.
    The kids come over, but they have their lives and I don't tell them how I feel. I don't want them to be concerned about me. I have a strong faith but that really doesn't take over my sad feelings all the time. Everything is so different now. I sometimes wonder if I will ever be really happy again. I pretend a lot as I don't want pity.
    I'm hoping things will change, but I don't know how or when.

LesleyAnn likes this.
  7. Tippy

Tippy New Member

I lost my husband of 34 years on August 8, 2016. He had ALS (Lou Gehrigs Disease) for about 20 years & i was his 24/7 caregiver for the last 5 years. He was still walking with a walker, smoking cigarettes, feeding himself, going to the bathroom by himself (for the most part) & he is a Marine that NEVER forgave GOD for this disease. He fell in our garage & broke his hip, went thru surgery ok, they injected him with contrast that ultimately made his kidneys shut down. I blame myself for not doing more to save his life. Cant think of him or say his name without bursting into tears & my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts.

8. YellowEyeDog

YellowEyeDog Active Member

This is exactly how I feel. We were married almost 49 years. We were suppose to make it to 50 years and then some ! I feel better when family comes over, but as soon as they leave I get that feeling in the pit of my stomach. I feel heartbroken always.

I am sorry for your loss. I do know your feelings.