*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I can't imagine...

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Flora, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Flora

Flora New Member

Today is the 25th day since the love of my life stopped breathing. I can't imagine ever feeling joy again...

2. one cup

one cup New Member

I feel the same. And lonely. It's been 2 months.

3. Janet Taylor

Janet Taylor New Member

I feel the same... It's been 10 months

4. Sandra Ozio

Sandra Ozio New Member

I feel the same, it's been 18 months and i feel it wi never be the same as well and nobody understands

Wayne likes this.
  5. Melanie Torris

Melanie Torris New Member

I feel the same.Dec. 13 was one year.he was only 42.how can I face the rest of my life alone and empty.now I know why suicide is a sin.that's why I'm still here without him.I know he went to heaven so I have to wait for my turn.

6. Susan Burke

Susan Burke New Member

I know how you feel, the emptiness is overwhelming. I don’t know what to do anymore, my life feels at an end and I’m just filling in time. It’s been 8 months.

7. Mrsgrammar

Mrsgrammar New Member

It has been five months for me .

8. Gina N.

Gina N. New Member

It has been five of the longest months of my life. I literally am taking things one moment at a time. Every time I feel that I’m doing well for a few days or a week, I hit a brick wall, and I go through a whole new round of sadness. At the drop of a hat, the tears just start falling. I hate to be such a downer, so I’m mostly upbeat around others and cry in private.

SallyRuth likes this.
  9. Ann Friedman

Ann Friedman Member

10. Ann Friedman

Ann Friedman Member

Gina - I know exactly how you feel - I lost my husband of over 30 years, a little over 2 year ago. He was vibrant, handsome, funny, caring and we were very close - he was all I had - we had no family. He died from complications from dementia at 71 yeas old. I am lost without him. You know, wen I go to bed, since he died, I never open his side of the bed - I keep the bedspread intact because if I see his side of the bed open, I will expect him to come into it - so nights are rough. Like you, I cry all the time. Anything can make me cry - especially eating all alone in a restaurant, remembering watching him suffer physically, memories of certain sentimental dates to us... I cry privately like you. Acquaintances I have do not let me talk about him - they wish me to forget. But, I am all alone as I do not really see them - just talk on the phone. Yes, I hate it when they complain to me about their little problems or brag about going somewhere - they are so cold! So, I can be sitting and watching TV and all of a sudden the waterworks begin! There is n controlling them! Just let it out. I cry too because I wish I had any family - a big hug from a family member to tell me everything will be alright would help, and weekends are the hardest. My Marty died on a Saturday and that is the worst day of the week for me. I try to get through it, and of course I do. I just want you to know I know how you are feeling - the pain is so unbearable - my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss.

11. Wayne

Wayne New Member

I understand. Ive been there. Its so difficult. I hope you find peace in your heart.

12. Rob B

Rob B Member

I understand all too well. It's been 9 months. We were married just shy of 30 years. My beautiful Cheryl was only 50 and we had so many hopes for our retirement and spending more time with our twin grandchildren. Most days I can get through, with just a few sad moments. But some days are filled with sickening loneliness and such a feeling of despair that I feel like giving up . I hope you find the strength and energy you need to keep pushing forward every day.

13. deolinda

deolinda New Member

I understand that feeling, its like a piece of me died with him

14. deolinda

deolinda New Member

if one more person says get over it, stop crying stop moping im going to lose it