Feeling hopeless.....

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Nettie, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Nettie

Nettie New Member

I am 3 months in for grieving the loss of my husband of 27 years, best friend, confidant, partner in crime and the love of my life. He passed of cancer, which was diagnosed in August of 2016. I watched it take down a very active, strong man. I know that each person has a different way of grieving, and mine was to do some major and physical arranging at my house. I finished the big parts and now finding myself over the last 5 or so days crying a lot. I haven't been as physical and i believe that is causing me to "pick up" where I left off before i started to do these projects. I know it is normal the stages of grieving. What a lot of people don't realize, other then the ones closest to me, is that right before Joe got real sick, he took me to work and picked me up every day. He cooked dinner every night, did all the laundry and took care of the yard and cars,until he couldn't, which was about 3 months prior to him passing. So I not only lost my husband, my whole way of life changed. I've had to get a whole new routine. I am grieving him and trying to get my life on track. I feel like I took some steps backwards in the healing process. UGH!! So many emotions. Sad, mad, hurt, confusion, anger..... It is very hard to smile right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Active Member

I am sorry about the loss of your husband. I lost my mother suddenly at the beginning of May. It seems like you are right - you were so preoccupied that it took your mind off of things. Once that stopped, you had plenty of time to go through the grief again. I don't have any advice for you. I keep reading that we have to acknowledge the grief in order to get through it. How exactly that works, I don't know...