1. Angie Richy

Angie Richy New Member

How can i get my grownup and moved out kids to accept that when i date im not tryin to replace their dad? We were soul mates and il never find that kinda love again but i was only 45 when i was a widow...too young to sit at home alone waiting to die..#Angry xx

2. KIKI2LUV4EVER

KIKI2LUV4EVER New Member

I know how you feel with 2 adult children and I'm 65 and also feel it's time to try!

3. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

To Angie & Kiki- thank you for sharing your struggles with us here. I feel like this is the part of grieving that no one wants to talk about. As uncomfortable as people can be with grief, they may find it even harder to see the griever try to move forward. Only you can understand the true experience of being a widow, and it's important to take your own needs into consideration. We have an article on our blog page regarding dating again after the loss of a spouse. You can find it here: http://www.griefincommon.com/blog/dating-after-the-loss-of-a-spouse/. You may want to share some of this information with your children as well to help them try to understand. It's a tricky balance, because of course they will always mourn the loss of their father, but you need to continue forward in the way that feels right for you as well. I wish you both the best of luck. Please let us know if we can be of any further support to you, and please take care~