*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Books about grief

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Laura93, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Laura93

Laura93 Member

Hello, I am a widowed new mom from Latvia. I lost my husband 45 days ago. I have a baby boy (10 months old). My hubby died of sleep apnea, his heart stopped while taking a nap with our baby. He was a pastor. Now I am trying to cope with the new situation and it's terribly difficult. I would prefer Christian literature but any book would be fine. We don't have much in Latvian. Waiting for any suggestions.

2. Claire Dean

Claire Dean New Member

The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion

Laura93 likes this.
  3. Laura93

Laura93 Member

Thanks ;)

4. Sara K Hatch

Sara K Hatch Well-Known Member

Hello dear laura,
    I wonder if there are grief support groups in Latvia. Do you have help with the baby? Are you near family? Is there a good friend that you can talk to? All these things would be helpful if they are available. Please take care of you so that you can care for the dear baby you have. I am so sorry that you have lost your husband. How old was he?

5. Laura93

Laura93 Member

He was 32 years old. I am living with my parents now. They are a great help with the baby. There are
    He was 32 years old. After his death me and my baby we moved to live with my parents. They are a big help with the baby and everything. We do not have any support groups here in Latvia. But I am planning to start a Christian grief support program when I will be ready.

6. Laura93

Laura93 Member

It's called GriefShare. You can look it up. Maybe that can help you too.

7. Sara K Hatch

Sara K Hatch Well-Known Member

Dear Laura,
    Thank God you have your parents. I am sure you feel blessed for their help. That is a very good idea, I think, for you to start your own grief support group. In fact I was thinking of doing the same thing here. I know that your heart is grieving for your husband and my heart is with you during this most difficult time.
    hugs

griefic likes this.