*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

BF died suddenly right before Thanksgiving 2017

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Topaz3296, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Topaz3296

Topaz3296 New Member

My boyfriend was an avid duck hunter who ate right (most of the time) and seemed in excellent shape. I moved here 3 years ago after we got tired of driving back and forth 3 hours one way on the weekends. We had a close relationship and we spent a lot of good times together and a lot of just simple everyday moments and its still such a shock he is gone. A week after we had celebrated each of our Nivember birthdays, I walked my 3 dogs down to the place on our road where he was hunting, I found him laying partly in the frigid water with HIS dog nearby. It was quickly evident I got there too late. Two days later, the story was front page news. Despite all that, I can't grasp that he is REALLY gone. But I feel it profoundly every day at some point. I will be ok for a bit. Maybe even a DAY then....Something just sets me off and I grieve all over again. Time isnt healing....it just gives me more time to remember what we will never do together again. And it will get WORSE when Spring comes and our seasonal neighbors come to their summer cottages to grieve a friend that was such a part of their summer lives.....