*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

5 yrs with out her

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Danielle N Nauta, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Danielle N Nauta

Danielle N Nauta New Member

I lost my mother in 2013 and it feel like it was yesterday. She passed from stage 4 lung cancer. I lost my best friend. I'd talk to her on phone everyday sometimes 20 times a day. I don't know how to deal with her loss. I lost my husband in 2011. Both of there passing has destroyed me. Mom will be gone 5 yrs in May. She passed away the day before Mother's day. I cry everyday for her... I know she's at peace. But I want my mom. Her hugs her encouraging words. It's so hard without her...

Meg84 likes this.
  2. Mahsa

Mahsa New Member

Hi,I lost my Dad 2 months ago,And I understand how it feels...Because my Dad was my friend too,I used to talk to him everyday and Now I miss his voice,his smile and his hugs.stay strong

3. Danielle N Nauta

Danielle N Nauta New Member

Thank you.. I'm sorry 4 your loss. I'm doing the best I can... It's like I'm loosing everyone. Ive lost 6 people in the last 6½ years.... Started with the love of my life my husband. So at 31 years old I was a widow.. my mom and my husband they we're my best friend's..
    Keep your head up as well.. if u wannA chat we can . Thank you for your sharing...

Mahsa likes this.
  4. Jen549

Jen549 New Member

I'm sorry for your losses. I lost my Mom to breast cancer in 2014. I still think about her every day and still cry often. There's no one I can talk to about it. My family is pretty closed off when it comes to emotions and emotional talks. My best friend thinks I should have gotten over it a long time ago and doesn't want to hear about it. I held my mom's hand as she died and kept holding it for 30 minutes after. I never wanted to let go. Please let me know if you want to talk.

5. #1Diva

#1Diva Member

I'm so deeply sorry for the deep loss you suffered. I lost my mom on January 16, 2018. She suffered a massive stroke (otherwise very healthy) on January 6, 2018, and only lasted 10 days after her stroke. It all unfolded so quickly that my mind is still trying to wrap itself around her really being gone. I miss her terribly. She, like you're mom, was my best friend. She was my confidant, #1 supporter, cheerleader and never once turned her back on me. I feel a deep emptiness that feels like I'm being suffocated. I feel that I'm dealing with the grief okay with the powerful help of my daughter. My son also helps but he doesn't talk much about it because he's dealing with his own painful emotions. My daughter is my rock. She moved back in with me about 3 months prior to my mom having a stroke (I stayed with my mother for the last 6 years) so she was able to spend quality time with her prior to her passing. She has stayed on with me to support me through this difficult time. I held a memorial service for my mother on Feb. 24, 2018, and I know that my mother would of loved it. So many family members as well as her friends attended and it was beautiful the manner in which everyone remembered my mother.
    The pain continues and I know that forever is how long that I will miss her. I just know that I have to continue on without her. It hurts me to even say that but in order for me to have a quality of life I have to be okay. I find myself laughing (when I'm not crying) at some of her antics and that feels good.
    I was with her when she died and that part absolutely haunts me. I mean its a good thing but something that was so difficult for me. I held her hand and I pray she could hear all the things I told her as she laid there. I pray & hope you'll continue to grow and become okay. Please feel free to message me anytime you like. It helps me to talk about it too. Hugs.

6. Meg84

Meg84 New Member

I am so sorry for all of your losses. I lost my mom Christmas day 2017. Its only been a little over 6 months but it seems like just yesterday. I am an only child and my father has been out of my life more than in. My mom was born with Spina Bifida and had been sick her whole life (54 years). I had taken care of her since I was 8 years old and now I feel like I dont have anything to do, although I have 6 kids. Mothers day was very hard and with her birthday coming up its going to be even more difficult. I have been to grief counseling and the one session i had was great.
    I know we all will get through this but sometimes it is best to talk about it. Hugs to all.